Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm finally going to Girls Camp!!

Ever since joining my church 11 years ago, I have been telling the leaders in YW that I would love to help at YW Camp so if they ever needed a sub.....just call and I'll move everything I need to around so I can go!!

Well it finally happened....so I am leaving tomorrow morning to go up to some cabins in Pinedale which are owned by some of our Ward members. The camp they usually go to happens to be occupied for the Stake Treks so we actually get to sleep in beds, use regular bathrooms, get to cook on gas grills and even have Air/Heat if we need it. (I cant believe my luck!!)

I hear the ladies/gals talk about the experiences they had when they have gone and I hear/see the strength of their testimonies when they return so I have wanted the opportunity to experience it myself. And even though I have never gone myself, I know in my heart that the experience of attending Girls Camp is going to influence the lives of every Young lady who attends in a way that no other event could do!! And I constantly wonder how different my life would have been if I would have had the opportunity to experience it in my youth.

I'll let everyone know how it turned out when I get back....."T"

3 comments:

Mandy said...

FUN!! I loved the 2 years that I got to go to camp as an adult. I loved it as a youth as well, but it seemed to be more meaningful when you are maybe making a difference in a YW life!!

Sharon Robinson King said...

I think I would have enjoyed girls camp more if I wasn't the president! Have fun. You never know where this experience will take you. HA HA
Sharon K

Kayla said...

How fun that you got to go to girls camp. I would love to help to, the one year I was asked to help I ended up not getting to go because of my pregnancy. oh well I am sure that I will get my chance eventually